For the longest time (and this is going to sound really petty to most people) I struggled with the "whether I was ready to have a baby" decision because of sleep . . there were other reasons too obviously, but sleep was one of them for me. I LOVE sleeping. I always have since I was a little kid. My parents never had to argue with me about bed time, I loved it. Everybody knows once you have a baby you say goodbye to uninterrupted sleep (at least for a while).
I slept in again and again getting my fill until the rest of the pieces came together and I knew I was ready. I figured once we got pregnant I'd still have another 9 months to have my beauty sleep and enjoy the freedom. . . .but. . . I didn't consider the amount of times you go to the bathroom while pregnant! Oye. My first trimester was horrible, I was up AT LEAST twice a night going pee, I felt like I already had a baby. Now that I'm into my second trimester it has gotten better, but I still can't go through a whole night without at least waking up once to use the bathroom. It's really frustrating that I can't sleep uninterrupted. If I have to get up, I would much rather wake up to a cute little baby than the toilet.
I know people say that the nighttime bathroom breaks are getting you ready to wake up in the middle of the night to feed the baby. I'd rather skip all the prep and just wing it when the baby comes. :-) And that's all I have to say about that!
You know, babies aren't always cute when they're crying and dirty in the middle of the night! :) I don't think your concern was petty...you just need to make sure you're ready to give up "you time", that's all. We are having the same struggles right now. We just love our "me time" too much! :)
ReplyDeleteYou and I have had this coversation! Julie likes to travel and has difficulty with kids who don't have verbal skills. :-) You guys will be awesoem adn you will figure out the sleep thing as it comes.
ReplyDeletei am one of those people who needs sleep.
ReplyDeleteim a MONSTER without it.
and to be honest... its brutal. but its temporary! and hopefully you have a fabulous hubbie that does okay without sleep to help you out!