I really hate the fact that I freak out at the doctor. I KNOW I don't have hypertension. I've been taking my blood pressure at home twice a day since my last doctors visit (minus a 4 day
absence for my b-day weekend) and it's always fine. In fact the diastolic is usually well below normal (mine is usually 66-75 area, 80 is normal). Why do I freak out then when my blood pressure is being taken? *shrug* I'm a head case? I think it stems from childhood experiences with my father. Doctors never bring good news to people I know. This is a fact I've come to experience.
So, I think my freak out comes from the anticipation of the bad news. I hate that as much as I tell myself that everything is going to be fine, I still get so nervous. Ah well, I think I'm going to bring my iPod and a funny book to read to try and relax on Friday. I hope it helps.
Any relaxation tips out there?
When I was pregnant with Jason, I asked the nurse/doctor to take my blood pressure AFTER the exam. The anticipation of bad news (especially during the end of my pregnancy) drove my blood pressure way up, but as soon as they told me what was going on (good or bad) my blood pressure went down.
ReplyDeleteHope that helps! :)