I've had the past two days off for "spring break" at my office. Since the weather has been so nice I've been working in the yard the past two days. According to my local expert gardener (mom) it's still a little early to pull all the dead stuff out of the garden, but the weather was so beautiful I couldn't resist. I hope Chicago weather doesn't pull a fast one on me and it snows again.
So things started off like this:

And then looked like this after my hard work:

Remember that first picture I took of the tulips by the mail box? Here is what they look like today:
Finally, I just thought this was a cool picture. We have some bushes in the terracing on the side of the house that have these beautiful yellow flowers on them. I like the shadows from the sun in this picture.
So I still have a bunch more yard work to do. We have this plot with ornamental grass in it that I need to trim out, and I need to put fresh mulch down in the areas where I cleared all the dead stuff out of. As long as the weather stays like this, I'm looking forward to it!

Remember that first picture I took of the tulips by the mail box? Here is what they look like today:
Finally, I just thought this was a cool picture. We have some bushes in the terracing on the side of the house that have these beautiful yellow flowers on them. I like the shadows from the sun in this picture.
So I still have a bunch more yard work to do. We have this plot with ornamental grass in it that I need to trim out, and I need to put fresh mulch down in the areas where I cleared all the dead stuff out of. As long as the weather stays like this, I'm looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment