Our bedroom furniture arrived last weekend! I would have posted photos then, but we had to send the long dresser back because the bottom two drawers would not push all the way in.
I love the furniture except for one small. . .er. . .I guess it's technically a large thing. The bed is HUGE. We measured all of the furniture before we bought it and it was all around the same size as our old set. The one thing we didn't take into consideration was our mattress. Since the bed has two sets of drawers below it we knew it would sit higher than our old frame, but we kind of liked the fact it would be a little high. Four years ago when we got married we bought a very expensive, very thick euro top mattress. It didn't even cross our minds that the mattress on the demo set in the store was a cheap thin mattress. So when we put our mattress on the new frame it comes up to about my belly button! I literally have to take a flying leap to get into bed. My sister in law Rachel also made a very valid point, when we decide to have kids there is no way I'm getting into this bed when I'm pregnant. So I think we need to find a small set of wood stairs for the bed. . .hahaha. Life lesson learned.

Needless to say, I love our new set. And even though the bed is very tall, it doesn't look bad since our bedroom has a high tray ceiling. Oh, and I love my new bedside table. . .no more t.v. tray for me!! On the other side of the bed there are 3 deep drawers, which could fit a comforter, pillows, etc. We also bought a tall 5 drawer chest that sits on the wall between the closet and the bathroom (to the right of this picture).
No comments:
Post a Comment