I'm not sure yet if I like the under cabinet lighting. Jared bought "soft white" LED strips and it's sort of a yellow light which makes the paint under the cabinets look really green (instead of a taupe with a hint of green in it) which I don't like. It's not that bad, and I figure if we really don't like it maybe we could put up a tile back splash to cover the paint instead. . . another project! Ha!
The outside lights are a little smaller then the old ones, but I think they look great.
Here is the before:
And here is the after:
The directions for the new lights said we should put car wax on them once or twice a year to help hold the finish. I've never heard of that before. Perhaps the old owner of the house never did that and that's why the finish on the old lights chipped and rusted? Who knows.
The other big thing that we did on Saturday was buy our new bedroom set! I'm so excited to get rid of the t.v. tray that I've been using for a bedside table. Now I just have to find linens and pick a paint color for the walls. Looks like our bedroom is going to be the next room we're working on. It's funny because this morning I was watching old movies from Christmas thinking how different the family room looks since we got the end tables and painted. The room finally looks finished.
I hope everybody has a wonderful Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment