Even though it rained on and off today, it was a beautiful day. I think the temperature actually reached 60. I didn't get to really enjoy the nice weather much since my office has no windows except for the waiting room. It's like working in a cave. In the summer I eat my lunch and read in my car for the one day a week I actually get a lunch break. I drove home with my car windows cracked open. It. . . was . . wonderful.
All I could think about on my drive home was how warm and fabulous the weather was. I think this is really the first warm-ish day we've had since. . . . November? As I walked to the mail box I had a hopeful moment, "This weather is so nice! I wonder if anything is growing yet?" and I took a peak on the ground where I planted a bunch of tulips last fall. I was shocked to discover this:
Amongst the sticks, rocks, and other crud/washout that has collected around our mail box at the end of the drive were a bunch of shoots coming out of the earth. I can't believe something I planted actually grew? Maybe I do have a little bit of my Mom's green thumb in me. I'm sure the fact that she supervised me planting the tulips had nothing to do with the fact they grew. . . hehe.
Finally spring is here (at least I hope it is for my poor tulips sake), I didn't think this winter would ever end.
p.s. I think this is the first picture I've taken not on "automatic" setting on the camera. It looks so much better! I think I may read the manual to see exactly what our camera can do. Now I just need some photo editing software for the Mac and I'll be off on my new hobby. This weeks "You Capture" theme was hopeful. . .I think this photo works for that too.
Beautiful picture, Kristen!
ReplyDeleteLove the tulip. Can't wait to see it grow up!
ReplyDelete