Sunday, March 28, 2010

Let There Be Light!



Jared and I went shopping this weekend to get some new lighting for the house. I've been looking for a while for matching table lamps for the family room. I really wanted to get two Tiffany style mission lamps, but I had trouble finding ones that I like. . .that and they are insanely expensive! So I ended up picking out some dark wood mission style lamps with just a regular cream colored shade. They were also much more affordable (about 1/3 of the price of the cheapest Tiffany lamp I found). Since I didn't get my Tiffany table lamps we bought a small accent lamp instead to sit on top of the wine server.

We also bought three new exterior lights for the garage and front porch. The lights that we have now are horribly rusted and the finish is chipping off. The new ones that we bought have motion sensors, and a "dusk to dawn" setting which will be really nice.

And finally we also bought some LED lights to install underneath our kitchen cabinets! I'm really excited about those because the back left corner of the kitchen counter is really dark; it will make cooking and reading cook books a lot easier. Not to mention it will just look cool!

So Jared is going to have his hands full next weekend installing the outside lights and the under cabinet lights. I'll be sure to post some pictures when it's all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment