Monday, March 8, 2010

New Hobby?

I think I want to take up photography as a hobby. I've recently started reading some new blogs (friends of friends) who take a lot of beautiful photos. They do this blogger activity called "You Capture" where every week they have a theme assignment on what to photograph; like shapes, winter, or kisses. I might start to try and participate in that, although I think right now I'm lacking in two departments. One, although we have a nice digital camera, I don't think it's up to par with what these people are using. They seem to use cameras that don't fit nicely into a small clutch purse. Two, I have no photo editing software. This was a little epiphany I had just the other day. I kept asking myself "why does a photo of ______ " (insert something mundane in the blank) look so brilliant?? And I think photo editing is the answer. Now that we have a Mac number two will be pretty easy once I save some money for software.

So anyway, I don't really know anything about photography. . .but I think I want to learn. I love looking back at old photos and movies. I think it's one of the reasons why I've kept the blog up so much (even though so few people seem to read it). It's so much fun to look back at entries and photos.

I'm also hoping that sometime in the not too distant future we will purchase a digital video camera as well. Our camera does take short videos, but when we watch them on our big t.v. they look horrible. I guess I can add HD camcorder to my new toy wish list. Hobbies sure are expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment