I hadn't been out since he was born, and I was dying for some grown up interaction and a glass of wine. Just after we were seated at our table and placed our order I got a text message from Hubs saying Bean had been crying for 30 minutes straight. He got a bottle to try and give it to him, and Bean wouldn't take it!! He said he just gagged and screamed and screamed.
Oh the irony. I was so worried that the one bottle we gave him was going to ruin breast feeding, and we ended up having the opposite problem. We had to get our food to go and I rushed home to nurse him.
Because I have awesome friends the night wasn't a bust. We chilled at home and Julie gave me a beautiful manicure (complete with paraffin hand treatment!). Oh, and I did get my glass of wine when we were waiting for our table at the restaurant. P.S. we didn't get carded. . . .ouch. :-)
So now after some advice of my wonderful super mom sister in law, she suggested Bean might be ready for the level 2 nipples on the bottle (that's maybe what upset him so much). I guess we will try that next time, but for now I'm happy just to keep him on the boob!
Just think-- our girl nights can only go up from there! And I had a great time, despite the change in plans!! Here's to good luck with both boob and bottle.
ReplyDelete