Thursday, December 23, 2010

Simple Pleasure

Erin recently posted about simple pleasures in life, so it has gotten me thinking about that a lot lately.

One new simple pleasure I've been indulging in lately are those small oranges "Cuties." My mother bought two giant boxes and she's been pawning them off on me (I'm not complaining!); I've been scarfing them up.

I think they are just so much fun to eat!

I love it when you first stick your nail into the skin and get that tiny spray of citrus zest. Then you start peeling and the fresh citrus smell hits your nose. I like to take my time and peel/rub all the white stuff that's under the peel so you are left with this perfect sphere of yummy goodness that is sectioned into cute bite sized pieces. When you start eating, it's just heaven! So sweet (usually) and juicy with no seeds. After you are done, if you peeled it with your hands, you have that delicious smell on your hands for a while.

Mmmmm, maybe I will have one for breakfast. . . . .

This is my Cutie snowman. He doesn't fear warm days, just my appetite. hahaha



p.s. I have total pregnancy brain, my doctor's appointment is today, it wasn't yesterday. So no news there. I walked for 4-5 hours yesterday around two malls and NOTHING, no contractions, no cramps, nada. . . .stubborn little baby. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that would have been fun if Audrey and Baby Butler had the same bday. Guess he wants to be different. :)

    ReplyDelete