Monday, December 6, 2010

36 Weeks - Ready or Not!

9 Months Baby!

Did you know that 36 weeks is actually 9 months, but a "full term pregnancy" is 40 weeks (which is 10 months)? I didn't. I was so confused when I started reading pregnancy books and they talked about a 40 week pregnancy. 40 weeks is 10 months, not 9 months people. So why does everybody on this planet talk about the 9 months of pregnancy? When did this all change? So to all my friends thinking about having a baby, guess what? It's 10 months, not 9! :-)

So while I thought I'd be done at this point, I still have 4 more weeks (give or take) to go.

Honestly I'm still feeling really really good! I hope I'm not jinxing myself. . . .no swelling, no stretch marks, no back pain. Sleeping is ok-ish. It's more of the getting in and out of bed that's the hard part, and with all the nightly bathroom breaks that does become annoying.


I'm going to the doctor weekly now (boo!). Believe it or not at my last visit my belly was measuring 37 centimeters. To my readers who don't know baby jargon, the size of your belly in centimeters is supposed to correspond to the number of weeks pregnant you are. At the time I was 35 weeks (almost 36). I told the nurse that I was almost 36 weeks, and her response was "close only counts in horse shoes." She was kind of a bitch (for lack of a better word). The staff at my doctor's office are really nice except this one nurse. If you go by my original due date that would mean we conceived the month before! They bumped me up 2 weeks at my ultra sound, and 2 weeks more if you go by the size of my belly. . . .yikes. I hope we don't have a giant baby. I had them double check my glucose test to make sure my sugar was ok, and it was (they say women with gestational diabetes have huge babies). Guess he's just a big boy?

So, that's where I'm at! Hopefully we will know more about when he's coming into this world at my next doctors visit. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great that the first two weeks of your pregnancy you aren't even pregnant? You look great! Pregnancy agrees with you.

    ReplyDelete