I had another craft day on Sunday! A good friend of mine is also pregnant and she saw the canvases and letters that I painted for our baby's room and decided that she wanted to do something similar in her nursery, but wanted a little help.
We decided to go with larger letters which made the painting a lot more fun having more room. The bedding that she likes has a patch work floral pattern that's super cute. First we printed off a picture of the quilt and cut apart the patches and she picked her favorite "patch pattern" for each letter. Two of the patterns were a little more complicated so I started penciling in the pattern, while she took the simpler patterns to free paint on the letters. We were lucky to have an additional set of hands to help paint (paint by numbers expert, Bestie). It took us a couple hours to finish, but I was pleasantly surprised by the result. The two end letters are the ones I drew and partially painted, and the center two are the ones she free painted.
I think they turned out fabulous. Maybe I am an artsy person after all? I was thinking my two art projects turning out so well were a fluke, but I think three nice projects in a row may mean I have a little talent!
Anybody else want some personalized letters for their nurseries?
those are so cute!
ReplyDeleteYou definitely are artsy. I've been impressed with your painting lately for sure. Also, I FINALLY decided to join You Capture in hopes that I may play with my camera more. Thanks for keeping me up on my toes to try out my photography skills. Good luck in these next couple of weeks of your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute :) I can't wait to put them up. Thanks again for your help!
ReplyDeleteI do like to be artsy I just need direction.
Laura you are very artsy :-) I think we all made a great team!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, ladies! They are so cute. I'm really impressed. I think etsy.com is calling your name :)
ReplyDeleteLove all of the art projects so far. Keep up the good work, Kris!
ReplyDelete