It seems like yesterday we were sitting down to lunch and I was telling her about the start of my pregnancy. I went on and on about how I never felt like I was pregnant, and if I had any symptoms, it was just sore breasts like when I was about to get my period.
Apparently this struck a chord with her because she went home and took a pregnancy test. . .and guess what? It was positive.
At the time I didn't know anybody that was pregnant (that lived close). I felt pretty alone. I was going to be the first of my friends to have a child, it's a hard spot to be in.
So then I get this facebook message two weeks later. It went something like this:
"Kristen after our lunch you really got me thinking, so I took a pregnancy test. You are never going to believe this, but I'm about 7 weeks pregnant"
I nearly died when I read that. I cried I was so happy for her, and well. . . .selfishly excited for myself to have somebody to talk to. Somebody who won't mind my constant baby talk because she was going through the same thing.
Oh how those 40 weeks fly by.
Happy Birthday to little (actually quite big 8lbs 13 ounces) Ella, and congrats to her amazing mommy. Welcome to the club Laura :-) You are going to be an awesome mom, I'm excited to be sharing this adventure with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment