Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Battle of the Boob

Do you like the post title? Like Battle of the Bulge. . .*cough*. . .Hubs came up with it when I told him I was having "Napoleon's last stand" with breastfeeding over the weekend. Blame him. :-)

Anyway. . .

I won the Battle of the Boob! Bean and I are still breastfeeding. It was rough. . .so rough (so much worse since I'm by myself and cannot hand over the baby when he's screaming and screaming)

I had to call in for reinforcements. I sent several e-mails and phone calls to some of my mommy friends (BTW - Thank you for your comments and support in my last post!).

I got lots of interesting, funny, and informative advice. One of my favorites, and one I had never heard of, was breastfeeding while walking. I'm very awkward when I breastfeed so the idea of walking while doing it was very intimidating. I don't go anywhere with out my Boppy pillow. I was so desperate that I braved my fear and gave it a try. It was still really really odd, but it did work, thanks Erin! (and by worked I mean for the short period I could hold him in position and keep my boob in his mouth. . . .yeah, I'm awkward) Just one more gun I can put in my arsenal.

I came, I saw, I conquered another breastfeeding hurdle!

Will I make it over the next one? Who knows, but I'll deal with that when it happens again. Because I'm sure it will.



Want to know something funny? Bean wouldn't take the bottle with the sitter today. . . . oh my little Bean, you are a difficult nut to crack sometimes. When I got home he nursed beautifully. *sigh* :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment