Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Busy Busy

Before I start this post I just wanted to say that my last post was number 200! Wow! Happy 200th blog post to me! That was a lot of exclamation points. . . heh


Man life seems to get away from me these days. I thought things were crazy just taking care of the kiddo, but add work into the mix? Yowza.

It's honestly not a total bad thing. I think I do well under a little bit of pressure. Having the forced (horrible) work schedule makes me suck it up and get stuff done. On my maternity leave there was honestly no pressure to do anything. Clean the house? Eh, maybe tomorrow. Lets face it, nobody will die or starve from my dusty surfaces. You get the idea.

Speaking of chores, can I ask a random question here? How do you go grocery shopping with a baby? Because I haven't quite figured it out yet. The stupid carrier takes up the whole cart and you have no room for groceries (at least a serious shopping trip's worth). I know I could wear him, but it's been so freaking cold out I hate taking him out of the car seat. At any rate the weather is FINALLY warming up up here, so I guess my question is almost a moo point (it's like a cow's opinion, it doesn't matter. . .it's moo. Can you name where that quote is from?) But I'd still like to hear some suggestions. Normally I have to go with a second person so they can push the stroller while I push the cart.

Ok, back to my post. . .what was I talking about? Oh yeah, crazy life.

Leaving Bean to go to work was still hard, but it's nice to see he still knows me when I pick him up from the baby sitter. Today I got a huge smile from him and he instantly started cooing and babbling at me. It was adorable, like he was telling me about his day.

My day at work was SO busy today. Business is really picking up which is good, and it makes the day go by fast, but it also leaves me so so tired. I'm still taking all the nightly feedings. Hubs volunteers to feed him, but I would have to get up at least once to pump anyway so I usually just nurse him. Breastfeeding is so much work. I want to keep doing it, but I think I'd also like to stop. I love it when it goes well, but at the same time I would also love to let Hubs get up at night and sleep for 12 hours straight.

Well, it's getting late and I still need to get things ready for tomorrow.

Ta ta for now.


p.s. The cat is running around like a poofy mad woman right now meowing like crazy. . .I swear if she wakes the baby I'm going to punt her across the room. Not really. . .but I will be very mad.

4 comments:

  1. when jason was born, she always knew right when jason fell asleep and would have to shake to let us know. of course, the jingles from her collar would immediately wake him up. so... the dog is now in "stealth mode," and only wears a choke collar. i have yet to punt her, but have also come quite close. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey from Friends!

    One of my classmates has a blog and she writes about her 6 month old, who they are introducing to solid foods. Their first try didn't go well and now they are experimenting with something called Baby Led Weaning. If you haven't heard of it, she provided a link http://www.babyledweaning.com/ - I thought maybe it would be interesting to use with Bean in a couple of months (or not)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, grocery shopping with baby. If you're feeling bold, you can (or should) be able to get the car seat in the top of the cart (this works with a Chicco), where he will sit when he's a little bit bigger. It's precarious. Very precarious. I've only done that a few times when I absolutely couldn't leave the baby at home and needed groceries. (Good news? Once he's big enough to sit in the cart--I have a cover with a pillow that I take with us--it's actually FUN to take the baby to the grocery store).

    ReplyDelete