Thursday, August 19, 2010

You Capture - In the Kitchen

When I first heard the assignment I wanted to take pictures of what I thought made my kitchen my kitchen. You know, unique stuff. I don't really care for the photos (it's super hard to take a picture of something in a window), but here they are anyway.

Stained glass panel given to me by my bestie for my birthday, it hangs in the window over the sink.

This is the foam magnet I made for our dishwasher, you don't have to open it up to check to see if the dishes are dirty!


Then after I took the first two photos photos I thought it would be fun to do a little photo challenge! So I took pictures of some of my odd kitchen gadgets. Can you guess what each is used for?

#1

#2

#3




Ready for the answers?











#1 - a pasta measure! Each hole is the amount for 1, 2, 3, or 4 people.
#2 - mini toilet bowl cleaner. . .lol . .NO! But I know that's what it looks like. It's a produce scrubber! If I can't buy organic I always make sure to rinse and scrub my fresh produce extremely well.
#3 - a pastry cutter - this is what I use to cut butter into things when I bake. It's super helpful when I make home made pie crust.

12 comments:

  1. I definitely need one of those pasta measurers. We always have too much or not enough because I just guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted a window above my sink.. I would so love a stained glass panel.. They are just so beautiful. And I love the idea with the clean/dirty magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beautiful window! And I knew the first two gadgets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little foam magnet on your dishwasher --what a clever idea!

    Love your challenge, too --I got #1 and #3 right. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pics! I love the stained glass and congrats to you on such happy news! Babies are so fun and you look so cute in the belly pic. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and enjoy this special time, it goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pics, I love the staind glass window! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty stain glass. Congrats on the comong baby. Almost half way there. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the stained glass too, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stained glass. What a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kristen,
    I'm trying to e-mail you but I get this:
    noreply-comment@blogger.com
    Can you e-mail me when you have a chance?
    3sunkissedboys@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Yanet

    ReplyDelete