Sunday, August 8, 2010

Minnesota Vacation



This past week Daniela, Greg, Jared and I all made the 12 hour trek up to our cabin in Minnesota (the cabin is about 10 minutes from the Canadian border). It was a well deserved vacation for Jared and I; it's been two years since we've gone anywhere! Last year we did take a week off, but it was when we bought the house and moved. (side note: I can't believe we've been in the house a year now!)

My favorite day of the trip was probably when we drove into town and saw some of the local sites. First we drove to Lutson and took Daniela and Greg down the Alpine Mountain Slide. To get to the top of the slide you take a ski lift up to the top of the mountain, and then you ride in a plastic sled down the mountain in a fiber glass chute. It's super fun, but I decided not to go this year for fear of wiping out and hurting the baby.

Here is Daniela and Greg at the bottom of the slide.

After the ride at Lutson we drove to Cascade Falls and did a little hiking. I didn't last very long (it started to get hot), but we did get to see a few fun sites.


We ate lunch at a local restaurant called The Angry Trout and had an amazing meal out on the deck. The restaurant uses mainly organic and locally grown food; you can totally taste the difference!

The rest of the trip was full of our usual Minnesota activities: fishing, hiking, reading, sleeping, and lots of eating. Unfortunately the boys were unable to get a permit to fish on lake Saganaga (where you go to catch big fish) and go into Canada, so sadly no whopper fishes were caught on this trip.

I can't wait until next summer when we will have the baby to bring with. It's going to make it an entirely new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment