What is your favorite Valentines memory? I'm not sure if I have one in particular. When I was little my mom would always do fun things for Valentine's day. I would come down from my room for our family dinner and she would tie balloons to the backs of our chairs and there would be a little gift sitting on our dinner plate. Just these little things made it so fun and special for me as a child. I love the fact that even now that we have our own house she still does a little something for me. I came home from work this week and found some Valentines Day window cling decorations and a card sitting on the piano bench. It made my day. Mom will always be my Valentine.
Another Valentines day that sticks out in my head was my first one with Jared. I had never had a boyfriend over Valentines day, so that in itself was exciting for me. It was also the first time I got a nice piece of jewelry from a boy. The memory is slightly fuzzy for me (This will be our 9th year celebrating Valentines day together), but I want to say he did one of those cheesy romantic moves where he put the jewelry into the chocolate box he gave me. I love that Jared is a hopeless romantic, I eat it all up.
I hope everybody has a great Valentines weekend! I'm looking forward to spending time with some of the people I love most.
No comments:
Post a Comment