About 2 weeks after moving into the house I noticed that the small space of wall between the tile from the shower and door frame was starting to pucker. This got me quite upset in the beginning because I immediately thought we had a leak in the plumbing in the wall. So being the curious person that I am, when I noticed the area I went up to it and poked it. (I'm very scientific) It didn't seem soggy or wet, the paint was just starting to bubble up.
After an inspection from my Dad (what would I do with out you Daddy? :) He suggested that we just peel/sand down the "bubbled" area and see if it gets any bigger/worse. Well we've been in the house four months now and it still looks exactly the same.
So any suggestions as to why the wall looks like that? You'd think if it was running down the wall there would be damage along the entire wall. . .but no, only that one spot, the rest of the wall is fine. Ah, the joys of home owner ship. This is the wall in our private master bath, so nobody sees it but us. I suppose we could just sand it down some more and repaint this bathroom too. Yet another project.
p.s. Please excuse the nastiness of the tile grout, apparently when we cleaned the tile last we didn't get behind the door by the shower. . .ew. I'm going to go clean now.
p.p.s. Wondering about the cat arm? She surprised me when I snapped the picture. . ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment