A few things have been going on the past week, the first being we finally got our end tables! We were thinking they were going to be significantly darker than our other furniture, but they actually match really well.
I love the drawers and shelf underneath, it's going to be great to store stuff. We also went out and bought a new entertainment cabinet for the t.v., the bad news is it won't be in stock for 6 weeks. When we go pick that up it will eliminate the last piece of fiber board blond "wood" furniture in the room. I'm so excited. And I know I've said it before, but all that waiting, hard work, and saving is SOOOOO worth it now!!! I love our beautiful home.
Remember how I said "Looking just for fun" is a dangerous phrase? Well when we went and bought the entertainment cabinet we looked at bedroom sets "just for fun" and I found one that I love! Don't freak out, we didn't buy it. We are done with furniture for a while, but I know what I want to start saving for!
I love the drawers under the bed. Most of the beds with drawers underneath we looked at were ridiculously expensive, but this set was pretty reasonably priced. The cost of the bed, 6 drawer dresser and mirror was equal to the cost of just the bed in other sets we liked.
When we were shopping we kept running into another young couple in the store, apparently we have the same taste in furniture. I over heard them talking to the sales lady when they decided to buy this set. When the sales lady walked away I went over to them and I found out this was the first time they had ever been furniture shopping. I shared all my new knowledge about bargaining with furniture people (NEVER PAY THE ASKING PRICE). Usually you can at least get free shipping and 100 dollars knocked off the price. I also told them that the "Big Sale" that was going on at the store happened every weekend. The stuff isn't really "50% off" it's just a ploy to get you into the store. 50% off is just the normal price, so I didn't want them to feel pressured to buy this weekend without shopping around. Well the sales lady over heard me talking to them when she came back and I think she was really pissed. Her curt reply to me was, "Can I page somebody for you?!" Jared said that was a nice way of saying "screw off." Ha, oh well, I wish somebody would have told me all that stuff the first time we bought.
No comments:
Post a Comment