Friday, September 2, 2011

8 Months

Late again on this!

8 Months Old!


Ok seriously? Time needs to slllllllllooooooow down! Yup 8 months now. Here we go.

Once again I'm not entirely sure on the whole height/weight thing. I do know about 3-4 weeks ago when we had to take him to the pediatrician for a check on something he was 17lbs 6oz. Quite the growing boy!

- Sleeping - Still same stuff with the sleeping. 10 hours at night, and unpredictable naps during the day. I'm thankful that he doesn't wake at night though!

- Eating - Fruits and veggies, a big variety. We will give him some melon in those mesh feeders that he enjoys. He will also eat a "puff" or two. The past week or so he has been able to get one or two in his mouth by himself! So super cute when he self feeds. No teeth yet! We enjoy those gummy smiles though.


- Motor - He is getting so strong and independent. In the past month he went from sitting to pulling up and crawling! He is not super fast yet, but he definitely has it down. He LOVES standing. He loves it so much we thought he might skip crawling completely. Sometimes when we try to get him to sit down he will go all rigid and completely refuse to sit because he wants to stand so much.

I have a feeling Bean is going to give me a run for my money. He already manipulates me to get what he wants and he's only 8 months old. He cries if I take a toy away that he wants, or if I don't let him do something that he wants to do. Oye! This parenting is hard work.

End of this month is his 9 month well visit. I'm not looking forward to more vaccines, but it will be fun to see how much he's grown.


The only other thing I guess I can mention is Bean's head tilt. About 5 weeks ago when he started getting mobile I noticed he was always tilting his head to the left. Honestly sometimes it's not really noticable if you aren't looking for it. When I tell people who see him on a regular basis, nobody has a clue what I'm talking about. Anyway, after a few days he didn't stop doing it so we took him to the doctor. She diagnosed him with having torticolis. He had to go for a head/neck x-ray to make sure he had no spinal chord abnormalities. The x-ray came back non specific (normal) which basically meant it was probably a muscle issue. During the week while I was researching a pediactic PT to take him to he stopped tilting! A friend of mine googled head tilting in 7 month olds (I try to stay away from googling baby issues, you alway read freaky stuff) and she said she saw a ton of hits for tilting being related to teething. We figured that's what it was.

I took this photo on the first day I noticed the tilt, he was doing it pretty badly.
Well about a week ago he started doing it again. Granted he still doesn't have his teeth yet, but I called the doctor back and told him that I didn't think he had torticolis because he wouldn't randomly stop doing it if he did. The doctor agreed with me and now we have to take him for the PT evaluation and a neurologist evaluation (he didn't agree with our internet teething theory). The PT appointment I'm not so nervous about, but the neurologist I am. I don't want him having any more x-rays or any big tests like a cat scan or MRI where they might have to sedate him.

This photo was taken when he stopped tilting. Totally straight!

In the past week that he's started doing it again sometimes he seems pretty straight and then other times he seems to tilt more. The baby sitter told me she thinks he tilts more when he's tired, so maybe that means it's just a muscle problem that needs some PT. I'm trying to stay positive.


We go see the neurologist first next week. So say a prayer that she says he's ok and doesn't need any scary tests.

1 comment:

  1. Praying things are ok. Henry never seemed to look left and a little physical therapy and time was all he needed.

    ReplyDelete