Thursday, August 25, 2011

Days Like Today

Being a parent is such hard work. I love Bean more then life itself, but there are days where he is so angry and fussy and I am so exhausted that I count down the seconds till bedtime.

But then there are days like today. . .


He wakes up like this.
After he finishes nursing he's all smiles. We cuddle in bed for a bit while he chews on the remote and I watch the random channels/menus he changes the t.v. to.


Then we go downstairs and I get breakfast ready.
After gobbling up his fruit and oatmeal he sits, smiles and plays with his toys in his high chair while I eat my oatmeal.


Normally after we play for a while he gets super grouchy and is ready for a nap. This morning we decided to push it a little and run some errands with Grandma. I thought for sure he would be a huge grump, but instead he was still all smiles, catching the attention of every passerby. I'm not joking when I tell you we got stopped several times by random strangers telling us how cute he is.
We got to the knife sharpening place before it opened so we went to a restaurant next door for a cup of coffee to wait till it opened. Bean just sat in his highchair like a perfect baby and gnawed away at the spoon I let him have. No fussing, no crying, just contentment.


Bean finally got to go down for his nap after we got home; although it wasn't easy. He didn't cry at all but instead played and laughed (of course) in his crib for 15 minutes before sleep finally took over.

Right now I'm sitting down stairs clicking on the baby monitor every five minutes waiting for him to wake up so we can go have more fun together.

Days like today are so fun and easy, and I am so thankful that I am able to stay home and spend them with my little guy.

I hope he wakes up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment