Well I figured it was time I posted a little bit about how cloth diapering has been going.
All in all it is going awesome! Hubs and I both love it. I would say the only down side we've encountered is it is a little more work. You have to take the time to do laundry, line dry the shells (some you can put in the dyer) and then stuff the diapers. At night we are still putting Bean in a disposable. We did get some hemp doublers so we could diaper him at night, but the one night we tried it he screamed his head off. I'm not sure if it was the diaper, but we haven't been brave enough to try it since.
The majority of our stash consists of Bum Genius 4.0's, a few Fuzzibunz, 1 Rumparooz, and a couple Sun Baby 4.0's.
The Bum Genius I think are our favorite, they fit Bean's legs and belly nice and snug. Honestly though they are all great diapers. BG's, FB, and the Rooz are all comparable on price, but the Sun Baby's are a great value! 12 diapers for 60 bucks is awesome! The only thing I'm not sure about is how they will hold up. They don't seem quite as sturdy as the more "mainstream" diapers, but so far they've been functioning as well as our "mainstream" diapers and holding up just fine.
Soooooooo, that's the gist of it so far! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a message in the comments!
Your baby is ADORABLE : ) I always think cloth diapering seems like a very economical choice. I think the laundry thing might be a problem for me though : (
ReplyDelete