
It's time to write another one of these posts again!
I have no idea how much Bean weighs since he doesn't have a doctors appointment this month, but if I had go guess he's probably around 17 lbs.
-Sleeping - He will only do 10 hours a night. We've been trying to keep him up later in hopes that he will start sleeping later, but it hasn't been working. Our Bean is an early bird. He goes bed around 8 and is always up at 6:30. Napping is still hit or miss. Sometimes he will nap 45 minutes, other times 2 hours. It's hard not having a set schedule, I'm hoping he will get into one soon.
-Eating - Still eating the same stuff last last month, just a bigger variety of veggies and fruits. Proud to say we are also still breast feeding. My initial goal when we first started was to make it to 6 months, now I'm hoping to make it to 12 months (recommended by the AAP). I love breast feeding so much, but I am also looking forward to stopping. I miss having my body to myself. I want to be able to have a drink with out worrying about it effecting my milk supply, or be able to eat what I want without worrying if it'll make Bean gassy, grumpy, etc. I also want to stop having an appetite like a horse because I need so many calories. (and I'm also hoping my. . .ahem. . .assets will shrink a little when I'm done, they too big for my liking. None of my clothes fit.)
-Motor/Strength - He can sit pretty well independently now; although he still face plants every once in a while when he goes to reach for a toy. He is pushing up into a plank position with his arms now, and just today (although I'm not sure if this should be in his 8 month post since it's past his 7 month birth day) he can prop himself on all fours and rock a little bit if I put him in that position. He can't quite get into that position on his own yet, but I think crawling is right around the corner. Also, if you prop Bean up next to the coffee table or a toy he will stand as long as he has something to hold on to. So strong!
-Play - He's getting more into big boy toys and books. He won't sit in his swing any more, and he prefers his jumperoo instead. He loves to sit at the piano and bang on the keys; he will even "sing" when he plays. Any toys that he can sit or stand next to and smack around he loves.
Parenting is such a crazy ride. Most days I have no idea what I'm doing. I feel like I have the "keeping the baby alive" part down, but I know there are things that I need to be teaching him but I'm not sure how or when to do most of it.
Ever see the movie Parenthood with Steve Martin? I just love this quote.
Grandma: You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.
Gil: Oh?
Grandma: Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!
Gil: What a great story.
Grandma: I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.
Gil: Oh?
Grandma: Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!
Gil: What a great story.
Grandma: I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.
So true!
What a cutie! I see a lot of you in him. Doesn't time fly by? I can't believe he's 7 months already.
ReplyDelete