Monday, June 27, 2011

First Reactions

So we've been having fun the past few days cloth diapering. I think with all first time parents there is a learning curve, but we are slowly getting it.

Here are some thoughts. . .

1. Buying them is pretty addicting. All the cute patterns and types. So while we are in this to save cash, it's SO hard to rein myself in on buying more then what we need.

2. Hubs had some fun installing the diaper sprayer. He said the kiss of death in home projects by saying, "This will be easy, it should only take 10 minutes." Two trips to the hardware store, puddles on the bathroom floor, and new toilet parts later. . .we finally have a diaper sprayer that works.

3. Diaper sprayers are awesome!!! I did learn however that when you spray pocket diapers; make sure the open end of the pocket is at the bottom. The first one I did had icky toilet water pooling in the diaper at the bottom, it was gross. Also lift the toilet seat up when you spray. . .I don't know why I didn't think of this the first time, it's kind of common sense, but hey, I'm a girl, I don't lift the toilet seat ever (minus cleaning it).

4. Stainless trash cans with a plain pail liner is the way to go. I bought a hanging wet bag for the bathroom, but it's kind of annoying putting the dirty diapers into it. Maybe it's the type I bought (it's a Bummis zipper top bag) but it's hard to keep the bag open and get the diaper into it. After we spray the diaper I bring the bag next to the toilet so I don't drip gross water all over. . .but it's hard to keep the bag open and get the diaper in it w/out touching the outside of the bag or dripping all over. Somebody who cloth diapers leave me a comment and tell me the best way to do this. Because I haven't figured it out yet.

5. And finally. . . .They are WAY cuter then disposables. Makes me want to keep Bean naked all day. I'm glad it's summer and we can get away with that.


Don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. how brave of you! love the picture, too. he's getting so big! what did you use to make the background so black?

    ReplyDelete