Friday, June 3, 2011

Stinker

Oh the battles I've had with Bean over "tummy time."

Eventually I figured out ways that I could trick him into kinda sorta maybe doing it, but he still always hated it. Then FINALLY at four months old he raised his head from flat on the ground. I even got a smile out of him. I was so proud! I figured from here on out it would be easier. Each day we will do a minute or two more until he gets stronger and stronger.

Right?
Wrong. . .

It was going so well. He was getting stronger, he was lifting his head more and actually holding it up. It was going just as I pictured it. Then two weeks ago he discovered rolling. I was so proud of him, and believe it or not I actually got it on video, the FIRST roll (tummy to back).

Uh oh. . . tummy to back. Which means that Bean discovered how to get out of that uncomfortable position on his tummy. So now he's refusing to do tummy time again. Every time I put him on his stomach, no matter how much I try to keep his attention and entertain him, the little stinker rolls back onto his back.

I guess I shouldn't complain. Being a little slow on the motor/strength side of milestones means he's stationary a little longer making my life easier. But I also want him to be able to sit independently so I can get really cute pictures! It's hard getting cute shots propping him up on things, there are always shadows! :-)

We'll just keep at it, I'm sure he'll get it eventually.

I also need to write his 5 month post. . . .5 months, yikes! Look for that maybe by the end of the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. He is so handsome...and apparently, quite intelligent! Maybe his muscular strength will be a teeny bit behind, but his intellectual/problem solving strength is way ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete