Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Leap of Faith

I am so behind in blogging again it's not even funny.

I have a few posts in my draft folder that are half written (including Bean's five month post).

My camera is full of 365 photos waiting to be downloaded, edited and posted.

I've been wanting to burn some dvd's of all the videos I've been taking of Bean.

All these are projects that require me to sit down at the computer and work, but it seems whenever I actually sit down at the computer all I do is waste time surfing the internet or looking at facebook. Sigh.


We've also been dealing with a lot of "life" stuff lately too. The biggest one weighing on my mind being child care. Basically in the span of a week our whole child care situation got turned upside down, my mother told us she was only able to watch Bean one day a week, and our sitter told us starting August she won't be able to watch him at all. Oye!

This would be such a long post if I went into the details, but to make it short in order to solve the child care issue we decided that I will drop another day of work. This is very scary for me. I'm such a worrier about money and it makes me nervous leaving a good busy office. . . .what if I can't find more work later when Bean is older and in school? What if, what if, what if. . . .what if's will make you go nuts.

On a walk I was talking to my friend who recently had a baby. She's a teacher and she's leaving a very good job super close to her home to be with her daughter. I think everybody knows how the education system is. It's SO hard finding any job, let alone a teaching one. Do you know what her response was when I asked her if she was scared leaving a good job, living on one income, and finding a new job later? "I don't know. . . .I just don't worry about it, I know everything will be ok and work out."

Wow.

My new goal is going to try and have her attitude.

I'm taking my leap of faith that everything is going to be ok, job wise and financially. I'm not quite sure how it's going to work out, but that's ok. . . .phew, those last three words were hard to type. I'm not sure if I quite believe it yet. But I'm going to try!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for taking this leap and trying to have a positive attitude about it. We took some big leaps in selling our house, quitting our full-time jobs, and moving across the country for part-time work. So far it has been a good decision, and we did a lot of weighing of the pros and cons beforehand. To us, this has been worth it. I hope you'll find the same.

    ReplyDelete