It seems like Bean has grown more in the past month then he has in his first five. Is that possible?
Stats:
15lbs 11oz
27inches long
Here is what he's up to:
-Sleeping - In terms of length of sleep time Bean is hit or miss, but he always wakes up at least once. We put him to bed at 7 and he will always way up around 5:45 at the latest. Usually he will go back to sleep till 6:45ish, but it's still rough waking up. He is also starting to nap a little better. He's been coming close to the 2 hour mark again. On average though I'd say his naps are an hour to and half and a half long.
-Eating - We started solid foods 2 weeks ago! So far he's had sweet potatoes (which he loved) and green beans (which he hated). Both times I've made the baby food myself. It's pretty easy, and SOOOO much cheaper then store bought stuff. . .at least the organic kind, which is what I'd buy if I did buy store bought. Oh man, I'm turning into a hippie. We really have no idea how to feed him solids. Right now he gets oatmeal for breakfast, bottles all day, and then some more oatmeal with a little veggies for dinner. Seems to be working well enough. I want him to eat veggies first, then maybe next month we will try some fruit.
-Motor/Strength - Little guy is turning into a rolling machine. He can roll tummy to back, and back to tummy now. He's also pretty content playing on his stomach. He reaches for toys (on his tummy), and rolls to reach them. We are currently working on sitting independently.
-Play - Oh my goodness how he loves to chuck toys and shake them. He flings toys left and right off his high chair until he gets to the one he wants. He also shakes things. He whips his rattle up and down with such force; I'm just waiting for him to clock himself in the face.
Let's see what else. . .
- He loves to pull my hair and touch my face. When he sees me he reaches both hands out to grab my cheeks (he does this to Hubs too). He always pulls my glasses off my face. . .that's a little annoying. I might have to start wearing contacts again. :-)
- He is becoming more independent. He will lay and play with toys, chuck stuff of his high chair, or sit in his jumperoo and jump for 10-15 minutes before he cries for attention.
- He did really well at his 6 month check up, and only cried a little bit for his shots. The rough part came in the middle of the night after his check up. He spiked a 101.7 fever and was miserable. I figured it was the vaccines since he didn't have any symptoms but the fever, but we still called the pediatrician the next day to make sure we were doing the right things to take care of him. The fever stayed through the following day (Saturday, the check up was Friday) but by Sunday it was gone and he started going back to his usual jovial self.
He is just so insanely fun right now. I wish I was one of those mommy bloggers that can write those eloquent posts about the love for their child. He is the center of my world. I just love thinking of all the fun experiences that we will have in the future. When my mind wanders, it always wanders to him and my family and how lucky I am. It's truly amazing how such a little person can have such a big impact on your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment