Thursday, January 27, 2011

This or That


I'm still learning how to do this "stay at home mom" job. It's tough.

Today was the first day in four weeks that I showered before noon. Hallelujah!

I have no clue what I'm doing, but I just know it's hard. It seems like there are days where as soon as I change my little Pumpkin's diaper, it's dirty again. As soon as I put him in clothes, he's barfing all over them (I had to change him twice this morning in the span of 10 minutes).

I don't know what's my priority. What needs to get done first when I get those few precious moments of free time during the day when he naps? Do I clean? Do I eat? Do I shower? Do I try and catch a few Z's myself? Do I have a little fun and read/write blogs? Do I pump some extra breast milk to freeze for when I go back to work? Because it just seems to me that I can only get one or two of those items in.

You never know how the little guy is going to be. Maybe he will be happy, or maybe he'll be fussy. Even when he was relatively good like today. . . I still couldn't get breakfast in this morning. Between the changing his clothes, diapers and nursing him the whole morning was time consuming.
Today I chose to shower in that one free moment in the AM, but I didn't get a chance to make myself breakfast. . . .it's one or the other. Instead of napping, I'm writing this blog. Fortunately the nap is semi-ok to miss today. Nate was a good baby last night and had TWO four hour spans between nursing last night, plus it's almost the weekend which means my night off where Jared feeds him is coming.

I knew being a mommy was going to be a hard job, and I hope that some day I will get the hang of

Now Nate is beginning to wake up, the timer on the oven is going off, and my stomach is growing for dinner to be eaten. . . this or that?. . . Oven first, grab baby to nurse him, and keep my casserole in the oven so it stays warm for when I have time to eat it. Sometimes I can work out the order, but it's a learning process.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy life, but enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss those days. And someday you will miss them too : ) It might not seem like it right now : ) but trust me. And the baby? SO adorable I can not even stand it. What a little sweetie! Wonderful post! I hope you can eat and shower tomorrow : )

    ReplyDelete