I had a frustrating moment last night.
It all started when Bean woke up for his 3am feeding. I picked him up and put him into bed and started getting ready to nurse him. That's when I realized that I had to pee. Doh! He wasn't really crying at that point, just making noises so I thought I could run into the bathroom really quick before he got too upset to relieve myself.
I left him on the bed and sprinted into the bathroom. All was going quickly until I went to wash my hands. We have liquid pump soap in our bathroom. I don't know how I managed to do this, but I pushed down quickly on the soap pump and it shot up all over my shoulder and my hair. That's when the swearing started (me not Nate), but Nate started screaming at that point too.
Since Nate was screaming it woke Jared up. He picked him up and groggily asked me what I was doing in the bathroom. To which my reply was (as I was trying to rinse my hair in the sink):
"The @#$%^*ing soap shot me in the *&^%ing shoulder and it got in my %$#@ing hair"
Oh yes friends. . . I was pretty miffed. It wouldn't have been bad if it just shot me on the shirt, but my hair got all soapy and trying to rinse it in the sink was annoying, and then I had wet hair (I can't sleep when my hair is wet). Did I mention it was 3am when this all happened? Oye.
I guess the upside that since Nate got super upset waiting, he was wide awake and nursed really well. Yes. . .there is the silver lining. :-) He was also an awesome baby and went right to sleep after we were finished nursing. He must have known that mommy was at her wits end. Such a great kid.
OMG- we can be friends today. I broke a glass at 3am this morning when I knocked it off my end table with my pillow. Then, I stepped on glass shards this morning and foot wouldn't stop bleeding, even though it is the teeeeeeenyist tiiiiiiiiiiinyist cut ever. I bled all over my apartment looking for band aids, leaving a trail of bloody foot prints. It looks like Charles Manson came in. I did not have a screaming baby, though.
ReplyDelete