7.5 hours is how much sleep I got in A ROW last night. Jared took two of the late night feedings. I pumped some extra breast milk during the week so he could bottle feed him. It was pretty awesome. Not as amazing as I thought it was going to be though. I still woke up every few hours or so and I missed my little guy. I thought for sure my head was going to hit the pillow and I would sleep like a rock until my alarm went off. I guess my sleep habits are adapting to the baby.
I set my alarm for 7:30 so I could wake up and still feed him. I didn't know if my breasts would get really engorged and I was also worried about giving him the bottle too much. I fed him at 8 and now both of my guys are sleeping soundly. I wonder how long they will both sleep for? It still amazes me how poorly Jared is handling the lack of sleep. Before the baby I always thought he did ok on little sleep, and I was the one who couldn't function. Now all of a sudden he goes one night with interrupted sleep and he's a zombie and I'm the one managing on little sleep. So odd. But I guess it's a good thing because I'm the one who has to get up with him the most often. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really highly functioning (thank God my maternity leave is 12 weeks, I would probably stab somebody with a scaler if I had to work right now) but I'm managing. :-) I also have an amazing husband that picks up all the extra slack so I only have to focus on taking care of the baby, that helps the most.
I swear, women are made a little differently! I could always handle (well, mostly) the sleep deprivation, but my husband who slept through most nights would walk around like a zombie the next day. People would be all empathetic to him, until I'd finally say, I GET UP AND DO THE FEEDINGS, HE SLEEPS!
ReplyDelete