Monday, January 24, 2011

One Month

The first photo is blurry because he was wobbly, but he's so cute and look at him holding his head up!




What a difference a week makes. Just in the past two days it simply amazes me the things Nate has been doing.

He smiles!!!! Like serious smiles! Yesterday when he was having tummy time on the floor I was playing with him and kissing his cheeks (like I did in the video I posted). He was so smiley when I would do that. Then later on that night at my parents house I did the same thing and got the same smiley response. I didn't really count the time on the video for his first smiles because he didn't really repeat the response since I caught it on video. Now this morning I was playing with him again and got the same cute smiles. I think since he's repeated the behavior three times now we can officially say he's smiling. Oh my goodness how it makes me melt. I could just kiss his cheeks all day. He doesn't really smile just by looking at you yet, but I'm hoping that it's coming soon.

He's focusing more! He's still pretty spacey but the past few days he's looking at faces more, especially when it's me talking to him. It makes me feel so good that he's starting to develop.

Apparently he hates chili. I had a big bowl of chili for dinner last night and he was up all night fussing. I maybe got 4 hours of sleep. It makes me sad, chili is one of my favorite meals. You'd think he'd be used to it with how much I ate it while I was pregnant.


He's starting to like bath time more! Last bath we kept his tub in the actual bath tub and there were parts of the bath where he didn't cry. He really likes it when we spray him with the shower head.

He hates tummy time, but he's starting to hold his head up a little! He's still pretty wobbly though.

And finally last night he peed on Jared! I'm not quite sure how it happened, I guess his diaper just leaked. I thought it was hilarious, Jared. . . .not so much. :-)

I can't wait to see what he does in the next four weeks! I screwed up in my scheduling and he doesn't have his one month check up until next week, I will post his new stats when I find them out.


2 comments:

  1. Kristen, he's so adorable... Love these facial expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he is a month old!!

    ReplyDelete