The morning started out easy. He woke up for his 6am feeding and then went back to sleep. Woke up again for his 9am feeding and stayed awake. I laid out one of his quilts and we had some tummy time together. When I put him on his back again I started kissing his cheeks and he smiled at me. I even got some of it on video so I could MMS it to Jared.
Then the fun ended. Maybe he was smiling because he was plotting his evil plan. He started spitting up non stop. He puked on his clothes and the blanket that I tried to swaddle him in. Then after I cleaned that up he puked on his tummy time quilt. Then after I cleaned that up he pooped all up his back and on his clothes again (all of this was in a span of about an hour). Then the crying started. He did not want to nap, he just wanted to be held. I was so exhausted, but he finally went down for a nap around 2 so I got in a nap as well. Amidst all this I was trying to pick up around the house (we had company this weekend) and attempted to do 4 loads of laundry. It was all do-able but definitely a lot harder. I really think 70% of the hardness was because of sleep deprivation.
Now Jared is home and of course Nate is sleeping peacefully in his napper. Guess he just missed his daddy!
Glad you made it through the day! Those days are rough.
ReplyDelete