First of all I took a little spill last weekend. Do you remember how high our bed is? Well in order to get myself into bed I have to use a set of wooden steps. It was about 6 o'clock in the morning and I had gotten up to go to the bathroom. I was half asleep, I don't think I really opened my eyes up all the way. When I stepped with my left foot on the bottom step I didn't put it in the middle of the step. So when I put my full weight on my left leg and went to swing my right leg up into bed the stairs tipped over, I banged my knee on the bed frame, and plopped down on the floor. I've never seen Jared shoot out of bed so quickly. He was at my side in a blink of an eye. I didn't hurt or hit my belly, but my knee now has a swollen black and blue knot on it. So that stinks, but at least the baby is fine. He's still moving and kicking like usual.
The nursery furniture was delivered yesterday!!!! No pictures until it's done though :-) I was really worried that the room would look super crowded because it's so small, but it all fits nicely. We even had enough room to put the night stand we bought in there. I spent yesterday evening sitting in the glider reading my book. It was so much fun.
We also started our "baby classes" at the hospital two weeks ago. So far it hasn't freaked me out too much. We've gone over a lot of relaxation and breathing techniques. They are really hard for me to do; my mind always wanders. I have learned that distraction works pretty well for me. I just need to focus on other things. So I'm working on some things to do during labor to distract myself. I'm not worried about the pain, I'm more worried about containing my anxiety and white coat syndrome. So we shall see how that goes! Maybe I will just be so excited to see the little man that I won't need any distractions.
I took a spill on the ice when I was pregnant with Tommy, so I know how scary it can be but my midwife said most often, moms will instinctively fall in a way that their belly is protected.
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing!
Glad to hear you are okay. I fell out of bed this morning as well and it was no fun.
ReplyDelete