I am so behind in my blog reading and writing. It has gotten so bad that I actually got an e-mail from my mother the other day asking me when I was going to update my blog. . .this just struck me as super funny because I talk to her at least once a day and she knows every detail of what's going on in my life.
I am going to have to keep this short because I have a million and one things I want to get finished this weekend, so bare with me.
Anyway! My baby shower was incredible! I am SO SO SO SO lucky to have such amazing and generous friends and family in my life. I really don't know what else to say about it. I felt so pretty (I treated myself and wore contacts even!), loved and special. Normally I hate being the center of attention at things, but for some reason I didn't mind too much this time.
Here is a picture of me and my girls from high school.
Mom, Me, and Jared.
And here is the aftermath in our front room (minus the other big gifts, strollers, swings, bouncer, pack and play). It was like, and still is a little bit, a baby explosion in our house.
Thank you to my mom, Daniela, and Julie (shut it Julie, Daniela said you helped lots so I'm mentioning you here!) for such a wonderful baby shower. I love you all so so so so much, and I count you in my blessings every day. Julie I'm so glad you made me a diaper cake. I held it together the entire day till Julie showed me all the special notes written to me by my friends, family, and mommy bloggers I admire that were posted on it. I cried when Jared read them all out loud after we got home (I'm so glad I waited to read those in private!) I'd also like to thank my awesome mom and sister in law for all the presents and hand me downs they brought up with them from southern Indiana. We are so lucky to have 4 nephews (all boys!) to mooch stuff from.
Sooooooo I've been spending the last two weeks washing and putting things together. The crib is ready to go with clean sheets, all his clothes have been washed (and all the extra linens too), all the big things are put together, oh my gosh. . .I've just been so busy.
Now I'm working on decorating the room. We've hung his quilt on the wall and we also bought some floating shelves to hang up. I've also been working on some art projects for his room. . .but that's a subject for another post. :-)
I can't believe you blogged me a personal "shut it!" :-) So glad you enjoyed everything. I can't wait to meet baby Butler!!
ReplyDelete