Sunday, November 28, 2010

Art Project

Ever since the baby shower weekend I pretty much had all the "essential" items for the baby, but the past week or so I've been focusing more on baby projects that aren't really for the baby (like he's going to care what I hang on the walls).

In the picture of the bedding set that we bought there were three cute canvas paintings that matched the "ABC" theme the room had. I really wanted to get them to hang over the crib like they did in the picture (I'm not very creative with decorating). So I looked on the store website that we bought the bedding at and there were tons of other accessories that went along with the bedding set, but not the art. Then I went to trusted Google and discovered that the art for the bedding set had been discontinued! Disaster! What was I going to hang on the wall over his crib now? I was stumped.

I don't really consider myself an "artsy" person, but I've dabbled in sketching things in the past. I can't create my own masterpiece, but I can copy things pretty well. So I decided to head over to the craft store to pick up some painting supplies and try my hand at copying the art from the picture. At first it was horrible. I had many "I just wasted 25 dollars to buy this stuff, and it's garbage" moments. I stuck with it though, and in the end, while it's no Van Gogh I think it came out looking ok. Plus I have the added reward of it's something I painted for the baby.

I'm not going to show you the whole set till the big nursery reveal (I will probably post that tomorrow), but here is a sneak peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment