Jared is upstairs taking a nap in our bedroom and the cat is sleeping on the couch next to me. The house is perfectly silent. While I cannot wait to meet our baby, I am still cherishing these last few quiet moments in my life. So I thought I'd take advantage and blog a little. . .
First of all I just want to say what an awesome best friend I have. I really haven't had many food cravings with this pregnancy, at least odd ones. I always have food cravings, pregnant or not, so it's hard for me to say whether it's the pregnancy or just normal me. Anyway, about 3 months ago, one odd food craving I did get was pink grapefruit jelly fruit slices. I used to eat them all the time when I worked at Fannie May, but I haven't had them since I worked there (that was 10 years ago now, eep!). Randomly one day Jared asked me what I wanted for dessert and I told him the pink grapefruit slices from Fannie May. So off we went to Fannie May only to discover that they don't make that flavor any more!! I was heart broken. Well last night Daniela and Greg came over and she had a present for me from her vacation to Cape Cod, it was a box of pink grape fruit fruit slices!!! Now that's love that my bestie would remember an odd food craving I had 3 months ago when she's on a vacation. Love her.
Mmmmmmmmmm, yummy! I'm telling you I think I would have really cried if my gestational diabetes test came back bad. I have such a sweet tooth.
This morning I went to a bunch of garage sales with my mom. I've always loved going to garage sales, but they are a lot more fun now since a lot of the items you find are kid/baby stuff. I bought eight outfits and a box of cabinet locks for. . .drum roll please. . . .eight dollars! Normally a cute sleeper with feet costs between 6-8 dollars new, and I got 5 sleepers, 3 onesies, and a pair of jeans for the same price. And the most awesome part is they are all Baby Gap, Oshkosh, and Carters, great brand names!

My two favorite items are the jeans and a double lined sleeper from Baby Gap. The jeans are lined with really soft cloth and has snaps down both sides of the legs for easy diaper changes.
So those are my Saturday stories for now, I guess I'll end this post with some belly pictures.
I worked out on Friday. . . .check out the difference. :-D One photo was taken when I was 6 weeks pregnant, the other on Friday at 27 weeks pregnant. Can you tell which is which? haha.

Awww, this is the sweetest blog!!! Thanks for thinking so highly of me; in my opinion that's what I'm here for: to hopefully sometimes help you along in life, even if it's just supplying your cravings. You do the same for me and I appreciate your efforts too. Love you babe; I hope you know I'm here for you tho you're doing great already!
ReplyDeleteI'm a big advocate of garage sales. It is amazing how much people spend on new clothes for babies, they grow so fast that it isn't worth it to me to buy new. And that usually means the clothes aren't that too worn out at the garage sales. Cheap and in good shape, a win win! :)
ReplyDelete