Thursday, October 21, 2010

29 Weeks - Cleaning, Cake and Carving

Since most of the nursery projects are done, in my 29th week of pregnancy I've turned my energy to the rest of the house. Last weekend I started cleaning out the kitchen cabinets. You would not believe how much tupperware we have! So I took a picture so you can see. . .


(Most of these are old Chinese food containers. . .hee hee.) The rest of our quality tupperware was starting to get pitted and gross, so I ended up throwing away almost all of it. I bought some nice new Rubbermaid stackable containers that are BPA free to replace it all. When everything was all said and done I had a whole cabinet empty! Now I'll have a nice place to keep baby bottles and other baby related items.

On Saturday we went to a first birthday party. I've never gone to a first birthday party before, so it was fun to see how it all happens (and to take notes for Bean's first birthday).


Carol did a great job hosting, AND she is 8 months pregnant! Party planning, managing a 1 year old, and being 8 months pregnant is no easy task. My favorite part of the party was when Jason ate his"mash" cake. Carol made him this cool giant rainbow cupcake.


I might have to try this technique for the next birthday cake I make.

Then on Saturday night we had our annual pumpkin carving at Daniela and Greg's house. It was quite an eventful day. I made it through the whole thing without napping!


We also installed the new blinds in the nursery, but I didn't take a picture since I'm waiting until it's all done for the big reveal. Thankfully they fit and look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment