Friday, October 1, 2010

27 Weeks - Goings On

Well I was bad and didn't take a belly picture last week, and I haven't taken one for this week yet. When did we get so busy? It's funny because I knew our life would get busier once this baby comes into the world, but it seems that the busy has already hit.

Last Friday I had my monthly doctor's visit. It was different for a few reasons: one Jared didn't go with me to hold my phobic hand, and two I had to take the gestational diabetes test (where you drink the nasty orange drink, wait an hour, then they draw your blood). To sum it up? Yes I freaked out, highest BP at the doctor yet. I think it was just really high because it was my first visit to the doctor alone, and I also had had a glucose drink on an empty stomach (you have to fast for the glucose test too). Sugar on an empty stomach is not good for my nerves. BUT this story has a happy ending. I was actually able to calm myself down at the doctor, something I've never been able to do. Once I'm worked up like that I just want to bolt from the office and go home. So by the end of it, I was able to get my BP down to 130/80. . .still a little high, but enough to where the doctor believed that I'm just a nervous freak. Yay!

It's been a week now and I haven't heard from my doctor at all, they do the "no news is good news" policy so I'm happy. . .I don't have to stop eating cookies. :-)

Other baby things?

- I'm gaining more weight now. I think my total weight gain is around 15-16lbs. I don't think that's too bad, although it's rough to see numbers on the scale I've never seen before.

- Jared heard the baby's heart beat through my belly for the first time last night!!

- Nothing really new on baby movements. He's still rolling and kicking on and off all day. He seems to get more active if I'm hungry or when I lay down in a comfy chair and really relax.

- Work has told me they will give me 3 months for maternity leave (unpaid, oh well, I'm just happy they will hold my job that long) They also said that I don't have to work Mondays any more! I can even start my Mondays off before the baby is born, I just have to pick the week I want to stop.

I think that's it for now. . . .

The rest of last weekend we spent catching up on our neglected yard work and house cleaning. This weekend we are going to put up a new mail box, finish staining the steps we bought for the bed, and possibly purchase a closet organizer for the nursery. . . .more projects!

1 comment:

  1. At least they will save your job, its nice they are working with you somewhat. I didn't get any paid time off with my old job, so you take what you can get.

    ReplyDelete