I can't believe I'm in my 3rd trimester. Although honestly I don't really believe my new due date. I'm pretty sure I have an idea of when we conceived, and I think the due date should be around January 7th. The only reason I like the idea of 1/1/11 is because he might come a day early and we'd get the tax break for this year. Heh.
This week was pretty rough with things going wrong around the house. It got pretty cold on Monday night so we decided to turn on our furnace. Well when we woke up in the morning the house was still 53 degrees! Apparently a few months ago when the air conditioning condensation pipe was leaking it leaked into the furnace and fried the circuit board. 500 dollars to fix it, ouch!
Then for the icing on the the cake the next day Jared's car was making bad squealing noises when he was braking. So off to the mechanic we went; 300 dollars to fix his brakes and rotors. Lovely. If memory serves it was September or October last year when my car almost blew up and cost us around 2,200 to fix. Fall is a bad season for us! Although I was glad the furnace broke now instead of the dead of winter when we might have had to wait a day or two for the repairman to come out and fix it. So there is my glass is half full point of view.
In baby news this week:
-We ordered the new "black out" honeycomb shades for the front two bedrooms yesterday. They will be delivered to the house in 5-10 days! We measured the windows ourselves to save money, so cross your fingers they are the right sizes.
-We also bought and installed a 2nd shelf in the closet, and two hanging baskets for miscellaneous items.

-I was thinking about getting a new light fixture for the fan, because it's pretty ugly, but at this point we've been spending so much money, I don't think it's going to happen. Instead we bought a dimmer for the wall switch. I thought this was a pretty good idea for those late night diaper changes and feedings, you can walk into the room and not be blinded by the light.
-The pregnancy has still been pretty symptom free. Sleeping was starting to get a little uncomfortable so I bought a maternity body pillow, that has been helping a lot. Little Man is still moving on and off during the day. He's definitely more active when I'm relaxing on the couch, I think when I'm up and about he goes to sleep. I'm still feeling rolls and swishes combined with kicks. I think my torso is so long he still has plenty of room to move around. No painful kicks yet.
ummm...closet organizing....sad that is exciting to me, isn't it?? :-) Can't wait to see you this weekend!
ReplyDelete