Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Two Month Check Up

Oh my goodness where does the time go? Baby Bean had his two month check up yesterday. Here are his stats: he is 11 lbs, 6 oz. 24.5 inches and his head is 40.5 centimeters. Both his head and weight are around the 50th percentiles, but his height is off the charts! The doctor didn't seem concerned since both Hubs and I are pretty tall (6'2 and 5'7 respectively). Guess our baby is going to be tall, dark, AND handsome, heh.

He also had his dreaded vaccines. I ended up choosing to do the traditional schedule. . .although I wasn't entirely happy about it. I really didn't like any of the options honestly. The main reasons for my choice was my career (super germ-y environment) and the fact that the friend of the family that is watching him has a 3 year old son that goes to preschool. I know one kid is not as horrible as 30 kids at a day care, but you know. . . I worry. Almost all of the diseases that vaccines prevent are life threatening ones, is that something you want to risk? In the end, I didn't. There were other reasons for my decision too, but I don't really want to get into it on the blog.

Last night he slept from 10:30-2:30, and then from about 3:30-9am!! He's been fussy today, but I still got some smiles out of him when I changed his diaper (he loves that). Other then that he's slept A TON. Almost all day really, he just wakes up, nurses, and falls right back asleep. Poor little guy, I hope he feels better tomorrow. I guess maybe his little body is working to build up those immunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment