Two years ago we bought our house. At the same time Hubs's job was also in limbo. His profession is contract based, so every two-three years we always have that question if the customers will resign contracts and he will continue to have a job. It's not very fun. Well two years ago it was insanely stressful, but it all worked out in the end. Hubs retained his job and we got a beautiful house.
Then last year. . .there was my pregnancy and arrival of Bean.
Two years of huge change/stress/worry.
Back to Hubs's work stuff.
Now it's two years later and again we are wondering our usual worry. . . will the customers resign? Hubs decided that it was time to end the worry game with his job and he got a new job! In my spoiled opinion of wanting Hubs around 24/7, the job isn't perfect. There is travel, there is a long commute, but there are upsides too, a raise, good insurance, and the best part, opportunity to grow.
Ready for the next change in the gears?
My car broke! (again. . . .sigh)
It's old, we knew it was coming, I was just hoping that it wouldn't be till next summer. The last time it broke we said that it would be the last time we sunk a hefty amount of cash into it. I called the auto guy and described the problem, he said best case 400 to fix, worst case 800. My car is worth about 1600, the back light on the trunk is cracked and there is also a mystery rattle coming from the rear end (who knows when that will blow up). We are tired of worrying about if it will run. . . especially now that we have the little guy riding with us.
So now this week we get to go out and buy a new car! I'm scared and excited at the same time. I hate the idea of draining our savings for a down payment (especially since I haven't worked in 2.5 months!!), but I'm also super excited for a new car! I suppose it's actually a good time for it to break because with me not working it's easy to only have one working car. I'm trying to see the glass as half full.
There you have it. New baby, new job for Hubs, new work schedule for me, new experience of working/being parents, new car. . . . we've had quite a bit going on.
Hopefully soon I will get my happy routine, floating down a nice lazy river, but for now life feels like a roller coaster!
p.s. Did I mention Hubs is turning 30 in two days? There's another dip on the ride. :-)
What kind of car are you looking at? I'm hoping to get something in the next few years. My car is really reliable but it doesn't seem kid friendly. I'd like some kind of SUV/hybrid.
ReplyDeleteAnd Nate is getting so cute! Not that he wasn't before but seriously, every picture you post is adorable!
Isn't it crazy what life throws us? We're in the same boat with a lot going on right now. It keeps things interesting for sure but makes for stressful times. I love the new car smell, enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI'm a total BE DEBT FREE fanatic. My suggestion would be to buy used. You can still get something like last year's model in great condition with few miles and won't break the bank quite so much. I know personally, I would never buy a new car again, only what I can pay cash for that is reasonable for my needs/wants. Good luck whatever you do!
ReplyDeleteWe are going to buy new, but we are getting 0% interest. . .I would never buy a new car if we had to pay interest on it.
ReplyDelete