Friday, March 25, 2011

Survived

I survived my first week back at work.

This week has been rough. Hubs has been working late nights this week, which means I've basically played the single working mother. I don't know how they do it (single moms). It is hard enough to leave your baby and go to work, but then after a busy day at work to come home and take care of the little one, do some house chores and cook dinner? Yikes.

I'm already dreading when Hubs is going to be traveling with this new job. . . . .*sigh* I am so spoiled with a husband who works and helps with the baby so much.

Anyway. . .

My first day back at work was good. It was nice getting out of the house, and it was cool seeing my patients. My first patient was actually due to see me right when my maternity leave started. He waited 12 weeks just to be my first patient on my first day back. Makes me feel like I do a pretty darn good job to wait that long!

Second day was. . . a little rough. Thank goodness Hubs dropped Bean off at the sitters house in the morning, I REALLY didn't want to do that. It's so much easier leaving in the morning when Bean is chilling with his Dad. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry a little bit when the sitter texted me pictures of Bean. It might not have hurt that much, but the pictures were of him hitting some milestones (He was holding his head up during tummy time, for FOUR minutes! The other was of him holding a ball with both hands) He's been working on this stuff the past week or so, but it just seemed that he started nailing them on that particular day.

It hurts just a little more thinking that this might be my only chance to have my "baby experience". . . because I honestly don't know if we will have another child.

By the third day I was just exhausted.

I'm definitely standing by my theory that the perfect combo of motherhood/work would be two days of paid work a week. I think I could even do two in a row.

But I survived. . . . with the help of my wonderful mother; who works three days a week, is dealing with my ailing 93 year old grandfather, takes care of her two fur babies (miniature schnauzers Olive and Molly), cooks, cleans, and now watches her grandson two days a week. Talk about a super Mom! Oh the things we will do for our children right? I can only hope to be the kind of mother to Bean that she's been for me.

For now I'm going to forget about work.

It's spring break! I'm lucky enough that the dentist I work with takes a vacation with this family, so since he's not working that means I don't have to work next week! Yay! Now if only the crummy Chicago weather would improve. . .

1 comment: