Friday night started off with the rehearsal and a tasty dinner at Gordan Biersch Brewery with the wedding party and all our significant others. I still to this day don't really understand the rehearsal for a wedding. What's to it? You walk down the aisle and then the priest/pastor tells you what to do for the rest. I suppose it's an excuse to have a nice pre-wedding dinner. I think my favorite part of the rehearsal was when the wedding coordinator for the church told us if the priest smelled even the slightest bit of alcohol on us pre-wedding he held the right to call it off. . . yeesh. I didn't think we looked that much like a crazy bunch, but it made me laugh.
Saturday started bright and early at 8:30 at a salon to get the whole bridal party's hair done. They shut down the entire salon and had a breakfast snacks and drinks for us which was really neat.
After we loaded up on hair spray it was off to Danielle's parents house to finish getting ready and take our pre-ceremony pictures. While I was busy with bridal party activities Jared spent the morning cleaning because we were coming back to our house after the ceremony to take pictures in our back yard.
The rest of the day was a whirlwind of vows, pictures, a pit stop at Jewel for a snack before the reception (I was so mad I left my camera on the bus for that one), and a great party with some pretty amazing people. My personal highlight for the day was the fact I was able to wear my contacts pretty much the entire day pain free! I didn't think I would be able to wear them but my eyes felt great. I guess the last pair bothered me so much because the fit wasn't quite right. I still don't think I can wear them every day, but it's so nice knowing that I can for special occasions.
Jared and Greg weren't able to sit with Daniela and I because we were in the bridal party but they had a blast at the "Ficus" table with their new Ficus friends. All of the wonderful people we were able to hang out with is definitely what pushed the wedding over the edge with awesomeness. We're hoping to see all of them again soon.
Some how on Sunday, after we partied all night, Daniela and Greg were able to convince us to take a trip down to Starve Rock where we hiked all day and enjoyed the peaking fall colors.
No comments:
Post a Comment