Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving!

Last weekend was our annual pumpkin carving party/night with Daniela, Greg, Christine and Kevin.

This year we splurged and bought a 4 dollar pumpkin carving kit with little saws and tools so we could do something a little more challenging. I copied the face for our pumpkin off a Halloween party facebook invite that I thought was cool. Normally I would just free hand the drawing on the pumpkin with a sharpie, but the kit we bought had this neat transfer wheel thingy that punctures the paper and makes a little pattern on the pumpkin to guide you when you carve it.

There was one big oops in the carving process where we carved an eyebrow into the eye space, but we were able to fix it by making the other eye larger and the one we messed up on larger yet. I think it still came out pretty spooky. And of course I love him for his big toothy evil smile!


On a side note my mother has started bringing over all my old stuff from the house that I didn't even know she kept. I came home from work the other day to find this in my living room. :-)

Two of the boxes have a bunch of music boxes that were gifts from my parents for Christmas in my early years and the other contains about 40 porcelain figurines of animals that I used to collect/play with when I was a tween. What to do with these things? I am NOT a pack rat and I hate keeping old junk, but on the other hand some of them do hold special memories. Do I really want them to sit in a box in my basement forever just for a memory? I haven't really decided yet but I'm leaning towards keeping only one of the music boxes from my first Christmas (it's a Noah's Ark). I thought maybe when Jared and I have a baby it would be a cute keep sake for the baby's room. The little figurines? I think I may just pitch or try and sell on craigs list. Anybody like little porcelain animals?

Are you wondering what is in the two big clear bins? Those I'm really excited about, my Grandma's beautiful china. Now. . . .if only I had something to put it in. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment