Saturday, October 31, 2009

Furniture!

The Butlers finally have some grown up furniture! Last weekend Jared and I went to Darvin to check out couches to finally replace the green "stab you in the back with a spring" couch. Yes college friends (specifically Aaron, Tim, Ross, and Devin) we still have that couch. It was originally Devin's, then he moved back to Vermont and Aaron Tim and Ross inherited it, and finally Jared and I when we all left IU. I should also mention that the couch was second hand when Devin bought it. . .it has seen many butts.

Of course Jared and I didn't agree on anything, but we finally found a couch and love seat that we were both pretty happy with. So while we were at Darvin, we decided to look at tables. . .just for fun. Dangerous words! We've been looking at tables for about a year now and we have never found one that we both liked. Of course they have a new table in that we haven't seen before, and of course we both love it. But we were only going to get the couch and love seat. So we decided not to buy anything that night, sleep on it all, and remeasure the living room to make sure the couch would fit the room. Jared went back to the store Monday night without me and bought the couch and love seat.

So Thursday night we moved the old couch and the over sized chair down into the basement. We decided to keep it because sometime in the future we will finish the basement and we will need furniture down there. Better the old couch then nothing at all right? Well, Friday morning when I woke up and walked downstairs, I was surprised to find the kitchen table and chairs were missing. In it's place was a note on the floor from Jared, which he must have left before going to work that morning. He bought the couch, love seat, table and the matching hutch/server (he is so sneaky). True it was a bit much, but that's why we've been working so hard right? Jared didn't want to take the risk of the table and hutch not being there when we went back in a few months to buy it.

Our family room/kitchen no longer looks like our old family room/kitchen. All this new pretty stuff; it's just so amazing, I love it so much. Merry early Christmas to the Butler House! It all feels too good to be true.

And for the icing on the cake I got to unwrap all my Grandma's china and put it in the hutch. Service for 12 is a ton of dishes to wash (Dinner plates, luncheon plates, dessert plates, soup bowls, ice cream bowls, coffee cups, saucers, the list goes on)! Unwrapping it from the news paper really did feel like Christmas in October.


The table is counter top height and has six chairs, we had to send 2 of them back because they were damaged. The table has leaves that fold under on each side so when they are all up the table is an oval shape, and will seat eight comfortably I think.


Here is the new love seat, the couch looks exactly the same just with three cushions.


This is my favorite one. Since we don't have a formal dining room I think this "wine server" works great as a hutch for Grandma's china. I was shocked it all fit in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment