I know this seems like a trivial thing to blog about, but Jared and I are just so amazed with our new vacuum that I figured I'd write a quite note about it.
For the past 7 years we have used Jared's old Eureka vacuum that he bought in college. I'm pretty sure it worked well when he first got it, but the past few years we have been loosing our battle against cat hair in the carpets. I've never owned a pet that shed before and I just assumed that you can never get all the hair. . .oh I was so wrong. What really pushed me over the edge to get a new vacuum was when Daniela was helping me unpack/clean the house when we first moved in. She was using our vacuum and I believe her exact words went something like "No wonder you hate your cat so much with the shedding, this vacuum doesn't get s***!"
Even though I knew she was right I put off getting a new vacuum because there was so many other things that we needed for the house. After all, we did have a vacuum, so we didn't really have to get a new one even if it didn't work so well.
Today Jared and I splurged and bought a new Bissel Pet Vacuum. It was on sale at Kohl's and Jared got a 20% off coupon from Dan and Steph so we figured it was a good deal and it was time to buy.
All I'll say is this. . . .just in the family room alone we had to empty the canister for the vacuum twice. It was SO gross. And now are carpets look brand new. Totally worth the 117 dollars. Every penny!
Anybody want to buy a slightly used Eureka vacuum for cheap? ;D
No comments:
Post a Comment