We closed on the house today so we are officially home owners. I have heard horror stories about closings not going well, being postponed or taking hours to complete. Our closing only took an hour. Our lawyer was really nice and explained things very simply, and our financing only took about 20 min to clear. Other then signing my name about 20 times it was really quite pleasant.
It still doesn't seem official yet, I think everything will set in tomorrow when we sleep there. I'm very excited for the new place. As I'm typing this (at 9:30 at night) our noisy neighbors below us are yelling in Hindi on their porch and blowing cigarette smoke up into our apartment. . .ugh, I will be so happy to be rid of them.
After the closing Jared and I went to the house and were greeted with a bottle of wine from the seller and a nice spread of sandwich makings, chips, soda, and cookies all in our fridge from our real estate agent. After eating a picnic dinner in the middle of our family room we rented a rug shampooer and I cleaned all the carpets while Jared cleaned the kitchen and all the bathrooms. While Jared was cleaning he encountered our first problem with the house (that sure didn't take long). Apparently the left side of the kitchen sink is leaking a little from where the drain connects with the plumbing. An easy fix, but still. . . .we've only owned the house for 4 hours. . .don't we get a little honeymoon period where nothing goes wrong? I'm glad it's a cheap and quick fix though, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.
We'll be moving at 10am tomorrow! Feel free to stop by and help us out.
No comments:
Post a Comment