Friday, July 17, 2009

Insurance

I know this is the way it is with owning a house, but it always seems like there is something else to do. Right now we're in the process of picking home owners insurance. We were originally going to just go with State Farm (they do our renters and car insurance now), but we got a quote from a local insurance company that was a little cheaper. I'm still leaning towards State Farm, they are a large company and we've been really happy with them over the years. If we wanted a cheaper deal with the local company we would have to switch our car insurance to them to get the multiple line discount. . . .eh, we'll see. I doesn't hurt to shop around.

I think Jared and I are going to start packing this weekend. He wanted to start 2 weeks ago, but the idea of living around boxes and in chaos for a whole month was horrible sounding to me. I think it's finally time. I suppose we could just hide all the boxes in the 2nd bedroom. I don't feel the pressure to get everything done because we have the apartment till November. All we need to do is get the big stuff over there and the smaller things we can move over slowly. I hate moving. Hopefully this will be the last time, or at least for a very long time.

If anybody reads my facebook, you know my eye issues still aren't cleared up. So here is the story in a nut shell. I have blepharitis, it's an eyelid infection associated with the oil glands around your eye. It's a stubborn infection and it's normal to take a month or 2 to get cleared up. The doctor said my case is a really bad/stubborn one. Right now he has me on azithromycin ointment for the next 30 days. If that doesn't work he said he'll put me on an oral antibiotic. The idea of this lasting 2 months is so depressing. I'm really worried it won't clear up. The doctor already told me it's usually a chronic condition and I will probably get this again in a year or 2. That I suppose I can handle, but the last time I was there he said I may not be able to wear my contacts the way I have been wearing them. I guess my right eye isn't tearing enough and it could cause irritation. I suppose I should be thankful that at least he said I'll be able to wear them again. What's really bothering me is the waiting to get better. At least these next 3 weeks are going to be really busy, that will hopefully make the time fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment