Monday, June 29, 2009

Money money money!

Jared and I have decided to go straight to the lender for our loan. All of the estimates we've got so far have been pretty similar, and I really don't want to pay a broker.

Mortgages are very annoying and confusing. There are a billion and one little details on those stupid legal size sheets and I don't understand half of it. My one piece of knowledge I've taken from this is: in addition to mortgage costs you have to pay for a year of home owners insurance up front. . .yeesh. More money.

We also learned we MAY have to do some kind of counseling before we close on the house. This is so ridiculous. Jared and I have excellent credit scores, 20 percent down payment, no debt, and steady good paying jobs. . . .counseling. . .pfffft. It's not our fault people made dumb choices and made the real estate market tank. Oh well, we might not have to do it. We shall see.

So tomorrow we lock in our mortgage rate and that will be the last big decision for the house. Jared keeps singing "It's the final countdown." I'm pretty sure the only major thing left in the process is the appraisal. We feel pretty confident the house will appraise for what we bid, if not more. . .but I suppose you never know. I can't wait for this all to be over.

On a personal note, I went to the eye specialist on Friday. I have some kind of bad eye infection in both eyes. The doctor said it should clear up fine, it might take 2 weeks though. I've been in hell not being able to wear my sunglasses. I go back Thursday for a follow up. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment